Quit Smoking: They Call it a guilty pleasure I call it an addiction. Cigarettes pressed between the lips might look cool but health hazard caused by it is monstrous in nature. Smoking is one of the most common addictions found in the world. Every cigarette that turns into ashes every day, turns the smoker into ashes someday. So Quit Smoking before its too late. The only mantra for beginners that there ever is-BE SMART, DON’T START.
Some facts on smoking:
- 5 million deaths per year in caused by smoking i.e, 1 out of 5 people.
- With a single cigarette one inhales close to 4000 chemicals at once.
- There are 1.01 billion adults who are smokers.
- 5.5 trillion cigarettes are smoked each year worldwide.
- Tobacco is the leading cause of lost production time.
- Average cost of a pack of cigarette is $5.67.
- The annual death toll caused by smoking cigarette will rise to 8 million by 2030 unless action is taken.
- 4 in every 10 children have at least one smoking parent.
- Tobacco kills 6 million people every year more than 5 million from smoking and more than 0.6 million from second-hand smoke.
Quitting smoking is definitely not a handy job as walking on a cake.To quit this habit one needs utmost dedication and commitment.
Some ways of coping with the craving you have Quit Smoking
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Make a new friend.
- Take up a new habit or hobby.
- Change your daily routine.
- Go take a walk.
- Fly a kite, listen to the birds, visualise a soothing scene.
- Take a nap, take a long bath/shower.
- Take up Yoga.
- Read something funny everyday or laugh at your own funny deeds committed sometime in the past.
- Work out at a Gym.
- Take up a sport.
- Eat an orange slowly segment by segment.
- Reward yourself for every hurdle you overcame.
- Take deep breath. Take one day at a time.
Howe your Body Start Repairing
- Within the first 8 hours of quitting, the excess Carbon monoxide is out of the blood stream.
- Just in 5 days,most of the nicotine is out the body.
- Within one week of quitting this deadly habit ,one starts to feel an improvement in their sense of taste and smell.
- In 12 weeks, the lungs regain the ability to cleanse themselves.
- About 3 months ,the lung function begin to improve.
- In a year, a pack a day smoker will start saving over $4000(INR 28000) and the risk of heart diseases reduces to half.
- In 5 years, the risk of stroke decreases dramatically.
So put it out before it puts you out !!!